Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dog-leg-right

I learned my lesson about hiring clubs back when we went to Scotland (not a lot of > 6' sets available) so we have been shagging them around for a week and I was ready to chase the white ball. Checked local information and websites and the Glebe Golf Club looked promising and close. Took girls with me to see about a tee time, planning to drop them for shopping whilst I played 9.
Followed GPS to the course and parked by their shuttle vehicle. Walking to the club house was met by two excited border collies, barking and jumping.
Then the largest one turned a bit more aggressive and got behind me and nipped my leg. Got him to back off with loud voice and pointing but as I turned to ward off other he came in and bit harder,  drawing blood this time.
Knew I was in a bit of a pickle as I was about 30' from the car with wide-eyed girls watching. Finally got the really aggressive one back with his buddy but he had ears back and teeth bared. Had to back up to the car because any turns and he would lunge at me.
Got to the truck and could feel the bleeding plus the adrenaline of the whole thing. Kid rolls up on a tractor about that time and comes over to tell me that the course has been closed about a year...
Dude, how about a sign at the front gate?!
Next time you are in Ireland, stay away from Glebe Golf Club!

My first selfie from Ireland. Impressive huh? Wounds mostly pinch marks. Bleeding stopped pretty quickly. First time in new golf slacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment