Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spanish Point

So we were gonna go see the Cliffs of Moher,  perhaps better known as the Cliffs of Insanity from The Princess Bride movie, but the freaking tourists were on it like sheep on an Irish hillside. Since we'd already been to the higher and more remote Slieve League cliffs, our interest in fighting the tour busses and 35mm cameras was, predictably, "Inconceivable!"
So we continued down the coast to Spanish Point which just happens to have a nine hole links course along the Atlantic. Drove past Lahinch and its €135 green fees to get there too.

The course was having a women's tournament, but when they heard I was passing through from Texas, they decided to squeeze me in between the two flights as they made the turn.
Rushed out to the first tee and got my shot off as two determined looking ladies approached glaring at me. Promised to be out of their way in a jiffy and they only sorta jokingly threatened me with their drivers that I better stay out of their way!
Pretty little course with elevated tees and greens, and an Atlantic breeze that was definitely in play.
Approach to elevated 7th green.

Retrieving pitch shot that hit pin and dropped. 



Finished with 4 pars and well in front of the ladies.
So glad I hassled with taking my own sticks. There's great golf and friendly golfers all over Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment