Sunday, June 15, 2014

O'Briens

I know, sounds like a pub but it's just the used bicycle shop across from our flat.

The building is decrepit and held together by I-beams and the guys who work there are true Dubliners, with most of their Gaelic/English conversations very distinct through our open windows.
Went to observe the graffiti upgrade and met Miguel from Venezuela, here to study English and pleased with how inexpensive spray paint is versus at home.

Miguel asked for my input so I suggested rounder butt and larger boobs.
That's how I got to meet the O'Briens and hear their stories of starting off in the car business, switching to bikes during the bust, and fending off land barons who wanted their little corner-actually had to camp on the property for a month during the most trying times.
Stories everywhere in the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment